- The traction force is applied over a large area, this spreads the load and is more comfortbale and efficient.
- Force applied is transmitted from skin to the bones via superficial fascia, deep fascia and intramuscular septa.
- For better efficiency the traction force is applied only to the limb distal to the fracture.
One size fits all
- Used in temporary management of femoral neck fractures and intertrochanteric fractures.
- Can use tape or pre-made boot.
- Not used to obtain or hold reduction.